London Borough of Newham have established #HelpNewham to support vulnerable residents who are in need, including those identified at higher risk and should be shielding. The #HelpNewham offer will support the following residents:
- Residents aged over 70 who live alone and do not have the support of friends or family
- Those who receive support through adult social care and those with health conditions who have been identified by the NHS
- Young people who we care for or support through social services
- Families with children with special educational needs and disabilities
- Members of our street homeless community and families living in temporary accommodation
- Those who have been contacted directly by the NHS as part of their programme to shield 1.5 million people nationwide
The services will be run through the community neighbourhood through networks of volunteers and will include support for:
- Home delivery of food and essential items (e.g. toothpaste and sanitary items)
- Home delivery of prescription medication
- Someone to talk to via a befriending telephone chat service
If the practice is aware of individual in urgent need of support please contact the #HelpNewham Customer Service team on 0208 430 2000.
If you need any support please contact the #HelpNewham Customer Service team on 0208 430 2000.